ABOUT THE RETREAT
Come away with us to Todos Santos, Mexico! Todos Santos is a very small and authentic coastal village on the Pacific side of Baja California Sur, who's spirit shines through the surfers, artists, farmers, restauranteurs, small business owners & yogis that have created it's modern day personality. Learn more about the history of Todos Santos here. We will be staying at Pachamama Mexico, a boutique hotel and yoga retreat center that sits just off the beach and is surrounded by desert beauty. Located just north of Todos Santos (within biking distance), Pachamama has a quiet, healthy and spiritual vibe...
"Every building, amenity and service we offer has been designed to allow our guests to leave the reality of every day living behind and enjoy a harmonious existence and restorative transformation that will last well beyond their stay with us."
Mixed with the fun, vibrant and adventurous nature of Todos Santos, we will have the perfect blend of things to be grateful for at Pachamama. In getting away from our full and overwhelming lives at home, our focus for this retreat is on gratitude as a practice. When we actually take the time to sit, breathe, and focus on gratitude, it expands gratitude...
"It is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful" - Brother David Steindl-Rast
- YOGA - Through daily yoga classes, we will practice being grateful for our bodies and all the things we get to do in life. We ALL have body issues or injuries or pain in some way, so giving gratitude to our bodies helps us heal and embrace the health and vitality that we desire. Learn more about Cher's teaching style below and at www.YogaWithCher.com.
- GRATITUDE - Through simple meditations & yoga nidra mixed with positive affirmations & journaling, we will come away from this retreat feeling more grateful for what we already have, and with some simple tools to call in more of what we desire.
- FOOD - Included in your retreat price is organic breakfast and dinner served daily. You will be responsible for your own lunches, but we will be able to stop for some groceries on our way to Pachamama, and there are little markets & farms sprinkled along the way to Todos Santos, in addition to an array of fresh pressed juice shops, and specialty food stores in town. We have arranged transportation in to Todos Santos, included in the price for one day, so we can shop for food and/or anything else you need or want. We will also have full access to the kitchen and beautiful dining room onsite.
- RELAXATION - Part of the magic of this location and our hotel is the supremely peaceful vibe it has. There will be plenty of time for walks on the beach, relaxing at the pool, reading a book...or whatever your heart desires. There is a spa onsite, and services will be available upon request.
- ADVENTURE & SURFING! - We have transportation for 2 adventures built in to the price of the trip: One trip to Cerritos Beach for surfing lessons ($30 additional) for those who are interested, and another adventure of our choice. We will decide as a group on the second adventure, or can arrange to split off based on preference...possibilities: swimming with Whale Sharks, kayaking, Balandra Beach, hiking, or more surfing...
- TEMAZCAL CEREMONY - A Temazcal ceremony is a type of sweat lodge, an indigenous ceremony held in a stone structure using steam and healing herbs. The word Temazcal originates from the Aztec, “calli”, meaning house, and “temas”, meaning vapor or steam. The Temazcal ceremony is used for spiritual or physical healing and purifies the body and the spirit.
- PHOTOGRAPHY - The whole trip will be documented by Kelly, leaving you with beautiful images to remember your experience, with the option to purchase a printed photo book designed by Kelly and printed through Artifact Uprising. VIEW 2016 RETREAT PHOTOS
- COMMUNITY - Coming together with others as we practice yoga, relax, go on adventures, eat, drink and be merry... will be so FUN!!
Cher Aslor is a Yoga/Pilates teacher & practitioner, business owner, traveler, creative spirit and inspiring connector in her community. She is a PMA Certified Pilates Instructor and also holds certifications in Power Yoga (200 hr Core Power Yoga), Yoga Sculpt (40 hr Core Power Yoga), and Forrest Yoga (240 hrTraining). After attending CU Boulder for a BA in Dance and Spanish, Cher danced professionally in the Los Angeles area for 10 years before moving back to her native Colorado. In 2013 she graduated from the Kathy Grant Heritage Training led by second generation master teacher Cara Reeser and continues to study with and assist Ana Forrest at her workshops and Yoga Journal Conferences around the United States.
Cher's yoga classes are seeped in the Forrest Yoga, Pilates, and Vinyasa traditions, focused on movement that feels good, challenging and safe. Her Forrest Yoga foundations bring intelligent core work and holding poses for many breaths. This is a very physical practice but not just for the sake of being physical - it's a tool to awaken the senses and access the emotional body. In addition to her full schedule of classes in Denver at her own studio PH7 and others, Cher has been leading yoga retreats for 7 years. Some of her retreat locations are Santa Theresa and Playa Grande Costa Rica, Ojo Caliente, New Mexico, and in addition to the Gratitude Retreat, she has an upcoming retreat in San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua. Learn more at www.YogaWithCher.com
"Leading retreats and incorporating travel is my heart. To me, travel is more important than material possessions because it reminds us how much we have, how big the world is and all the different ways to live in this world. Creating destination yoga retreats is about sharing my love for not only yoga & beautiful places to practice yoga, but sharing the adventure of travel and different cultures with the people that come on my retreats."
Kelly Shroads is a photographer/artist, web designer, entrepreneur, devoted yoga practitioner & wellness advocate. For the past 10 years, Kelly has worked with Yoga Studios and Teachers, Naturopathic Doctors, Acupuncturists, Nutritionists, Spiritual Healers, Reiki Masters, Massage Therapists and Rolfers to help them market and bring their healing gifts to their communities. Kelly's passion for the Healing Arts stems from 20 years of personal experience in healing from a chronic disease. Her own healing journey has proven that through conscious choices and daily practices, including yoga, meditation, healing arts, nutrition, creative and intentional living, we can reduce and/or eliminate a great amount of suffering in our lives and replace it with gratitude, joy, abundance, health & vitality. Through her professional skills and passion for positive living, Kelly is dedicated to blending wellness with travel, adventure, nature and creativity. Collaborating with yoga teachers on retreats is her newest endeavor. She will weave in her most recent project Photo Affirmations, with the use of essential oils and crystals into the meditation piece of this retreat.
November 16th - November 21st, 2016
- 5 nights lodging at Pachamama Mexico yoga retreat and boutique hotel
- Transport from Cabo airport to Pachamama
- Daily yoga practice (1-2 classes each day)
- Daily gratitude practice with meditation and journaling
- Fresh organic breakfast & dinner prepared fresh EVERY DAY (lunches not included)
- 3 days of transportation for adventures: to town, to Cerritos Beach for SURFING and one additional adventure of choice (new for 2016!)
- Temazcal Ceremony (new for 2016!)
- Digital photo gallery + option to purchase beautiful Artifact Uprising photo book (new for 2016!)
- Spa services available upon request
- Bikes available for daily use
- Single Occupancy Tepee (King Bed) - $1950
- Double Occupancy, Shared Tepee (2 Single Beds) - $1250/person
- Double Occupancy, Shared Tepee (King Bed ) - $1250/person
- Double Occupancy, Shared Suite in hotel with kitchenette & balcony (2 queen beds) - $1350/person
Reserve your spot with a $500 non-refundable deposit below. Space is limited! Save $30 from above prices if you pay with a check.
Flights to Cabo are not included in the retreat pricing. There are 2 pairs of flights we recommend below. The airport we fly in to is San Jose Cabo, MX (SJD).
Departing Flight Wednesday November 16th - Denver - Cabo | Flight 1419/80, 6:00am - 12:30pm (current price $319)
Return Flight Monday November 21st - Cabo - Denver | Flight 721, 12:35 - 3:30pm (current price $270)
Departing Flight Wednesday November 16th - Denver - Cabo | Flight UA 1481, 6:17am - 12:51pm (current price $230)
Return Flight Monday November 21st - Cabo - Denver | Flight UA 1675/437, 12pm - 7:12pm (current price ($219)
Because we are providing transportation from the airport to Pachamama and back, if you book alternative flights, please try to get the times as close to these as possible.
Save $30 by paying with a check! (simply subtract $30 from prices seen above) Mail check payments to Cher Aslor, PH7 Pilates, 1162 Madison St, Denver CO 80206
Pay with credit card below: